This Page

has been moved to new address

Another Cool Bihari:Manish Tiwary

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Cool Bihari: Another Cool Bihari:Manish Tiwary

« Home | E-governance in Rural Bihar » | Bihar 2.0 overview » | Investments flowing in Bihar » | IIT first and IIM's now -Bihar 2.0 » | Gauravshali Bihar e-book version » | Branding Bihar » | Sher Shah Suri's monument at Sasaram » | Bihar to have virtual classrooms in Varsities » | German MNC in Bihar » | 'Chak De India" girl from Bihar »

Another Cool Bihari:Manish Tiwary

Another Bihari lad has made his directorial debut on the celluloid screen. Manish Tiwary who hails from Muzzafarpur directed the Prakash Jha production movie Dil Dosti etc.The movie may not have done great business on box office but this lad has certainly made his mark.

Manish talk about his Bihari background and his journey so far.




Tell us about yourself.

My parents are doctors in Muzaffarpur (Bihar). I studied at Delhi University but completed my PhD from Cambridge University in 2001. From there, I went to Yale University. I have also worked with the UN in Rome. While I was studying and working, I made a couple of documentary films (for the university and the UN). I just couldn't help but direct. This is how I express myself. I was even a part of a film society in Cambridge. I returned to Delhi and wrote a script that resulted in Dil Dosti Etc.

Why did you come to India to make films since you were already doing documentaries? Why didn't you make a feature film there itself?

I am a hardcore Bihari at heart. Plus, my stories are Indian, and not Italian or English. My audience lies here. If I make a film, I would rather make it in my own country.




Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Labels: ,

About me

  • I'm Ajit Chouhan
  • From Houston, TX, United States
My profile
E-mail Ajit Chouhan

View Ajit Chouhan's profile on LinkedIn

My Orkut Profile

Join Cool Bihari Community on Orkut

Join Bihari Bloggers Community on Orkut

Join Patna Rice Community on Orkut

Join Cool Bihari Group on Yahoo

Jai Bihar

New Page 1

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Patna Rice: Join Now !! New Page 1

 

 

My Other Blogs